Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Massage School Experiences



My massage school experiences were very memorable.  I remember initially when I
was studying @ Santa Monica Healing Arts College to be a Massage Technician. 
The teachers were chiropractors.  I remember one man in particular.  He was very 
thorough in explaining how and why the movements and strokes were done.  
They also taught us the anatomy, the functions of the organs and also details
about how all of the systems work.  There was also a lot of study about nutrition. 
These days of school really stick out in my mind often and I attribute my healthy
lifestyle to the things I've learned in that particular course alone.  The course was
fun, due to the fact that half the day you are giving massage and the other half
of the day, you are receiving.  I chose to go first on the final exam.  The exam
consisted of a written and a 3 hour massage.  I gave a massage to a fellow student
who then in return, massaged me for the last 3 hours of the day!  Very enjoyable. 
He was much bigger than me and did incredible deep tissue.  I must say though,
I was exhausted by then and think I fell asleep.

My second year of courses was @ Encino Touch Therapy.  The courses that I
elected to study were Deep Tissue, Shiatsu, Sports, Pregnancy, Hip Knee & Ankle, Therapeutic Stretching I  II  &  III and Advanced Swedish massage. 

These schooling days are also memorable but in a more technical sort of way.  There wasn't much more talk about anatomy, but, instead, deep analyzations about different tempos, positions, reasons and a lot of explanations.  It was an amazing extension of my studies! 

I am so happy to have learned a great skill.  I feel so confident when people
compliment my abilities.  I enjoy taking care of people, as I feel instantly gratified!

Thanks for reading!

Best regards to you always!



© All Rights Reserved

Author Disclosure:
The author of this blog is not a nurse, not a physician and not a doctor. This is not a prescription. This is not a recommendation.  Please consult with a doctor first before getting a massage or taking any vitamins, herbs, pills or medication. By reading this blog and following these suggestions, you are accepting full responsibility for your own decisions and actions and may not hold the author of this blog responsible for any physical, mental or emotional harm or damage. If any of these suggestions that you follow result in side affects such as sickness, dizziness, nausea, chills or fever, stop the action immediately and consult with a doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi this is Jules:
I always welcome your comments and encourage them!